Talent Management trends for 2010

talent-management-trends-for-2010

Posted by Paul Daley - Director, APAC | Talent management
Posted on January 29th, 2010 at 9:31 am

At one of our recent think tank events we discussed four talent management trends to look out for in 2010. In no particular order….

Talent Management technology

After a slow start, we’re starting to see working technology that can support and drive talent decisions. By providing integrated HR data analytics about all aspects of the employee lifecycle, organisations are on the cusp of gaining a clear picture on their people capability, the gaps and risks; at a global level.
Read full post

Talent Management…George W Bush Style?

talent-managementgeorge-w-bush-style

Posted by Chris Herrmannsen - CEO | global resourcing
Posted on January 22nd, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Whether to approach strategic resourcing on a global, regional or local basis seems to be a hot topic for almost every HR professional involved in talent management.  Equally, RPO providers are working hard to tie up alliances or even acquire businesses in other parts of the world to ensure a credible regional or international capability. 
Read full post

Top Performer Flight To Wreak Havoc in 2010

top-performer-flight-to-wreak-havoc-in-2010

Posted by Damien Stork - Director | people management
Posted on January 14th, 2010 at 10:26 am

For a couple of months I’ve been in search of a single whitepaper that best captured the challenge and opportunity that faces HR in 2010 and this I think captures it nicely.  We of course face great challenges as the economy shifts, exacerbated by uncertainty, but the opportunities for HR to step to the fore in terms of business strategy are irrefutable.

“Fully 56 percent of global HR leaders still do not believe that their workforces are adequately prepared to meet their organizations’ future plans. Yet as economies across the globe continue to transition from recession to recovery, there is a unique opportunity for HR leaders to take a more proactive and calculated role in facilitating this transition for their organizations. Organizing for maximum business impact, limiting top performer flight to facilitate growth, and getting the most out of HR technology investments are three keys to ensuring that HR takes a leadership role in preparing their organizations for future growth and prosperity.”  For the full article, please click here.

The leadership conundrum for 2010

the-leadership-conundrum-for-2010

Posted by Damien Stork - Director | Leadership
Posted on January 11th, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Over the past months an urgency has developed in the area of pipelining for senior talent with many of Europe’s leading businesses. And I don’t mean debating it (which has happened for years), I mean suddenly realising that without new, best-fit talent at the top level over the coming year, the business will not compete.  So what has caused this immediate change in strategy with regard to senior talent and what has led “pipelining” to the fore at this point in Q1 and Q2  2010?
Read full post

Recent Posts

Categories

Archives