Is it time to link diversity to your succession plan?

Posted by Paul Ballard - Talent Manager | business value, Succession Planning, Talent management
Posted on October 27th, 2011 at 2:01 pm

In the last few months, Lord Davies’ report on businesses addressing gender issue bias in the boardroom has had a high media profile, in many different ways and with very many different commentaries! It has galvanised, quite rightly, a number of organisations into making a renewed commitment to aim for 20% – 25% female representation at board level by 2013.
Read full post

Breaking the Stalemate in the War for Talent

Posted by Jon Hull, Head of Resouring, ElectroComponents | recruitment, Talent management, talent retention, Uncategorized
Posted on October 19th, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Einstein said ‘insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results’. This seems to ring true when we talk about the so called ‘war for talent’. This is an often quoted and misused expression describing the challenge for businesses to recruit, retain and develop the relevant talent to deliver sustainable growth.
Read full post

Africa – A Demographic Dividend Around The Corner?

Posted by Gyan Nagpal, CEO & Principal, PeopleLENS Global Associates | emerging markets, Future talent, multi-country rpo
Posted on October 11th, 2011 at 11:07 am

In the few weeks following my opening keynote at the Ochre House Talent Symposium in London, I presented some of our Talent Economics research at a business forum in Manila – Philippines, and an HR Business Partnering Conference in Barcelona – Spain. The group in Barcelona were particularly diverse, which added some interesting new perspectives to the talent management debate. The audience not only represented some of Western Europe’s strongest organisations, but included companies from Eastern Europe, North Africa, Saudi Arabia and other Middle East countries. In particular I had some very good questions emerge about the short and medium term business potential of Africa.

Read full post

Strategic Talent Economics

strategic-talent-economics

Posted by Helena Parry - Market Development Director | business strategy, Leadership, strategic planning, Talent management
Posted on October 6th, 2011 at 9:39 am

As most of you know Ochre House hosted its annual HR Leaders conference last month, with a focus on re-defining business value through a talent centric approach. And the speakers certainly got me thinking.

It appears that the West is slowly losing its economic power as potential moves to new powerhouses in the BRIC countries and Goldman Sachs’ ‘Next 11’ and one of the effects of this is increasing pressure on HR to deliver new, more effective talent strategies. But according to one of the speakers at the conference, the industry will only succeed if it can learn to master an organisations changing complexity and speak the ‘language of business.’ 

Read full post

Recent Posts

Categories

Archives