High impact teams: Leading by example

high-impact-teams-leading-by-example

Posted by Gul Bulutoglu, HR Resourcing Lead | Talent management
Posted on May 30th, 2012 at 2:19 pm

When I think of organisations that pioneered talent management as the way forward, GE and PepsiCo (amongst others) spring to mind. CEOs of these organisations identified that successful business meant successful people. Knowing your top talent and developing them as future leaders was one step in retaining precious skill sets.
Read full post

The ‘talent war’ in APAC – fact or fiction? PART I

the-talent-war-in-apac-fact-or-fiction-part-i

Posted by Jon Hull, Head of Resouring, ElectroComponents | APAC talent management
Posted on May 25th, 2012 at 9:14 am

In 1997 McKinsey published the report ‘War For Talent’. This paper suggested that businesses across the western world were suffering a shortage of talent/leadership across varying levels and this was potentially hampering growth and development.  The focus of this so called ‘war’ has shifted to Asia, because of western multinationals’ focus on the East. And as the West faces the biggest economic downturn in generations, the stakes are seemingly higher. However, have we really learnt anything from the original ‘war’? Indeed was there really a ‘war’ going on? Are we better equipped to deal with challenges in demographic shifts and a culturally diverse region?
Read full post

‘The Zoo versus The Wild’ approach to diversity

Posted by Dr Graeme Codrington, Co-founder and international partner of TomorrowToday | Leadership
Posted on May 9th, 2012 at 2:57 pm

One of the most significant leadership issues in the 21st century is going to be the issue of diversity. Because it’s not just about ensuring the requisite numbers of women and ethnic minorities at various levels within your organisation. It’s about engaging with difference, and using that engagement to enhance your business success.
Read full post

Chelsea prove that Talent is unpredictable

chelsea-prove-that-talent-is-unpredictable

Posted by Damien Stork - Director | Leadership
Posted on May 2nd, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Interims and contractors can have a hugely positive impact in achieving results or indeed setting strategy.  Perhaps the most stark example was when Steve Jobs re-joined Apple as interim CEO, but in my own small World, watching Roberto Di Matteo re-design and re-motivate the Chelsea team to the brink of their greatest season in history… is significantly more exciting! Ok, perhaps I am biased.
Read full post

Recent Posts

Categories

Archives